A Place to Gather
a space to eat cake, drink tea and discuss
Outdoor Cafe at The Walled Garden
Food prepared at the Walled Garden uses local ingredients and supports local suppliers wherever possible. We offer outdoor eating with indoor seating for rainy days and you can enjoy hand blended coffee, a range of light lunches, cream teas and Marshfields icecream.
We offer the best, simple home cooked food made with local ingredients. Our weekday menu includes homemade soup and bread, a range of freshly prepared sandwiches and a variety of salads. At weekends and holidays our wood fired pizza oven supplies tasty pizzas and our range of homemade cakes and teatime treats ensures you won’t be leaving the garden hungry.
There’s space to find a quiet corner on the sunny rose terrace or under the shade of the apple trees. On rainy days shelter in the green house where the vine tree provides a dappled canopy.
Our Garden is free to enter; the garden is open from 1st March to 31st October every day from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Pizzas at the Walled Garden
We cook each pizza in our own Bushman oven which is fueled by the best Beech, Ash, Apple, Hawthorn and Hazel wood. The Pizza oven is open from 12-4pm on the weekends through September.
- Margherita - Mozzerella, tomato & fresh basil (V) – £9.00
- Somerset - Somerset ham, mushrooms and olives – £9.50
- Garden - Olive, garlic, mushroom, red/green pepper and artichoke dressed with rocket and olive oil (toppings may vary) (V) – £9.50
- Salami - Red onion, red/green pepper, cubed Italian Salami (Milano, Finocchiona and Piccante) – £10.00
- Chorizi - Chorizo, red/green pepper & red onion – £10.00
All of our pizzas come with a tomato base and mozzarella cheese with a slight mix of cheddar. Please ask for cheese-free or tomato-free pizza.
Mix and match toppings to taste (within reason!).Please ask for black pepper, olive oil, chilli oil or anything else.
The pizza oven runs 12-4pm Wednesday to Sunday until the weather gets to murky, probably about the end of September.