A Place to Gather
a space to eat cake, drink tea and discuss
Outdoor Cafe at The Walled Garden
Food prepared at the Walled Garden uses local ingredients and supports local suppliers wherever possible. We offer outdoor eating with indoor seating for rainy days and you can enjoy hand blended coffee, a range of light lunches, cream teas and Marshfields icecream.
We offer the best, simple home cooked food made with local ingredients. Our weekday menu includes homemade soup and bread, a range of freshly prepared sandwiches and a variety of salads. At weekends and holidays our wood fired pizza oven supplies tasty pizzas and our range of homemade cakes and teatime treats ensures you won’t be leaving the garden hungry.
There’s space to find a quiet corner on the sunny rose terrace or under the shade of the apple trees. On rainy days shelter in the green house where the vine tree provides a dappled canopy.
Our Garden is free to enter; the garden is open from 1st March to 31st October every day from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Pizzas at the Walled Garden
We cook each pizza in our own Bushman oven which is fueled by the best Beech, Ash, Apple, Hawthorn and Hazel wood. The Pizza oven will be fired up on July.
- Margherita - Mozzerella, tomato & fresh basil (V) – £9.0
- Somerset - Somerset ham, mushrooms and olives – £9.50
- Garden - Olive, garlic, mushroom, red/green pepper and artichoke dressed with rocket and olive oil (toppings may vary) (V) – £9.50
- Salami - Red onion, red/green pepper, cubed Italian Salami (Milano, Finocchiona and Piccante) – £9.50
- Salami Picante (Hot) - Red onion, red/green pepper, cubed Italian Salami, fresh red/green chilli and chilli flake – £9.50
- Romana - Anchovies, capers, red onions & olives – £9.50
- Chorizi - Chorizo, red/green pepper & red onion – £9.50
- Garlic butter dough pieces - £4.00 (V)
All of our pizzas come with a tomato base and mozzarella cheese with a slight mix of cheddar. Any can be left off on request. Gluten Free Bases available, please ask. Ask for cheese-free or tomato-free pizza.
Mix and match toppings to taste (within reason!).Please ask for black pepper, olive oil, chilli oil or anything else.
The pizza oven runs 12-4pm Weekends, Bank Holidays and every day during July and August.
What else is at the Walled Garden?
The Walled Garden is a place where you can come for a coffee and end up staying for a lot longer!
You can spend the whole morning enjoying the beautiful setting, our home cooked food, the stunning flowers in the garden or maybe even doing an art class.
We aim to make your visit, be it short or long an enjoyable and memorable experience.