A Somerset Garden in Mells
opening again July 2017
Welcome to The Walled Garden at Mells
Welcome to the Walled Garden at Mells – For the past eight years we have been warmly welcoming people to this unique space to enjoy the peace tranquillity and unique setting that this part of Somerset offers.
We are a small walled cottage garden in the heart of the Mells Estate, Somerset set in an acre of ground with a café/restaurant and things to buy a wide selection of perenials, herbs, cottage garden plants, Italian sourced vegetable seeds, plants, pots, locally made iron work and a lot more.
Re-opening July 2017.
Cafe at The Walled Garden
With a variety of home cooked food on offer, all prepared at the Walled Garden and made on site with local ingredients, The Walled Garden offers outdoor eating of the highest quality.
Our weekday menu includes homemade soup and bread, a range of freshly prepared sandwiches, seasonal fritatas and a variety of salads. At weekends and holidays our wood fired pizza oven supplies tasty pizzas and our range of homemade cakes and teatime treats ensures you won’t be leaving the garden hungry.
Wedding Flowers at the Walled Garden
Your Wedding Flowers... inspired by our English garden
If you are getting married and would like to talk through some ideas, Jo and Jodie work at venues throughout the south west of England creating beautiful wedding flowers to suit your special day.
If you don't know where to begin and are looking for advice or guidance contact us now to book a no obligation consultation.
Pizzas at the Walled Garden
We cook each pizza in our own Bushman oven which is fueled by the best Beech, Ash, Apple, Hawthorn and Hazel wood.
- Margherita - Mozzerella, tomato & fresh basil (V) – £8.00
- Somerset - Somerset ham, mushrooms and olives – £8.50
- Garden - Olive, garlic, mushroom, red/green pepper and artichoke dressed with rocket and olive oil (toppings may vary) (V) – £9.00
- Salami - Red onion, red/green pepper, cubed Italian Salami (Milano, Finocchiona and Piccante) – £9.00
- Salami Picante (Hot) - Red onion, red/green pepper, cubed Italian Salami, fresh red/green chilli and chilli flake – £9.00
- Romana - Anchovies, capers, red onions & olives – £8.50
- Chorizi - Chorizo, red/green pepper & red onion – £8.50
- Garlic butter dough pieces - £4.00 (V)
All of our pizzas come with a tomato base and mozzarella cheese with a slight mix of cheddar. Any can be left off on request. Gluten Free Bases available, please ask. Ask for cheese-free or tomato-free pizza.
Mix and match toppings to taste (within reason!).Please ask for black pepper, olive oil, chilli oil or anything else.
The pizza oven runs 12-4pm Weekends, Bank Holidays and every day during July and August.
What else is at the Walled Garden?
The Walled Garden is a place where you can come for a coffee and end up staying for a lot longer!
You can spend the whole morning enjoying the beautiful setting, our home cooked food, the stunning flowers in the garden or maybe even doing an art class.
We aim to make your visit, be it short or long an enjoyable and memorable experience.